Dear God | Teen Ink

Dear God

By Karles_Ivy PLATINUM, Sunnyside, Washington
Karles_Ivy PLATINUM, Sunnyside, Washington

Sometimes the bully isn’t the captain of the cheerleaders or the girl who for some reason has it out for only you; sometimes the worst bully of them all is you.- Karles_Ivy

“Dear God,

We are all sinners. That will never change. No matter how hard we try a sin will always enter our mind or deeds. Truth be told, we were born a sin.

I can remember the story clearly, the story of how Adam and Eve committed the “original sin”. It was when Adam and Eve ate the fruit from Your tree. They were told not to and when they did, You decided that they were not worthy to live in the Garden of Eden. The Garden of Eden was the ultimate paradise. Everything was perfect.

So when Adam and Eve did that, they created the “original sin”. They became mortal and lost their beautiful home. Since Adam and Eve didn’t have any children until after they left the Garden, their children were born a sin. And so was every human being after them. That is why the Church baptizes us so young, so that we will be free of the “original sin”. Many people would argue with this, but that is a different story.

The point is that even after we are baptized we continue to commit sin. Especially in these modern times. I’m aware of the fact that in the Bible it says that times never change. That everything is the same under this same sun. I personally believe that times are worse now than they were before. Not as bad as Medieval Times, but bad.

For example, in my mom’s times you could walk the streets at night and not have to worry about any type of danger. Nowadays, you walk the streets at night and you’re afraid that you’re going to get shot or jumped at any moment. You have to glance behind your back about every 5 seconds. What a difference, don't You think?

Or how before religion was the number one thing. Practically everyone tied themselves down to their religion. Every Sunday you could here a preacher yelling out the Lord’s word and the possible consequence to Hell. Whereas today, churches are shutting down while bars are being put up. Then the few people who actually do care and try to spread the news of God are made fun of and are thought of as sissies and wusses. How terrible! I’m sorry for the disappointment that You must feel towards us, Dear Lord. I’m sorry that today people are made fun of for loving You.

In nothing but honest truth and fact, the world today is beyond bad. There is much more ignorance, humiliation, and sin than ever before. Wouldn’t it be marvelous if the entire world was a Garden of Eden? Though of course that was Your plan all along. I’d love to live in that paradise. Full of beauty and without problems. If everyone did their part and did their best, we could live in a Garden of Eden. Don’t You agree?

Help me, My Lord. Help me and the others around me realize that without You the world is nothing. That with You we could have eternal life and peace on earth. Help us.

In the name of the Father,

The Son,

And the Holy Spirit,

Amen.”