Fireworks | Teen Ink

Fireworks

By WolfenWarrior PLATINUM, Some City, Virginia
WolfenWarrior PLATINUM, Some City, Virginia

Do it and don't look back.

For most of my life, the majority of the people I have known always see the shy, quiet, polite side of me. Until I feel comfortable around someone, and sometimes even then, I am very shy. But, to the people that really know me, I am loud and crazy. Most of the time, I jump at the chance to do something new. I revel in the excitement of a roller coaster or water gun fight. Sometimes, I even have to make myself stop talking. I go on rants about any of my usually nerdy hobbies, whether it is Doctor Who, the Hunger Games, or why movies derived from books are always horrible.
I decided that I should choose an image to reflect this lesser-known side of myself. At first I considered a photo of a bonfire, then someone with a sparkler. Then I thought of fireworks, and realized that they would be a great way to show my “real me voice.” Like fireworks, that “voice” is colorful, exploding with light, seemingly with a life of its own. I’d like to say that I’m fun, but that’s really something for others to say. The colors of a firework also reflect the fact that I’ve never really fit into a typical stereotype, always with so many different interests and ideas. This “voice” reflected by the image of fireworks is one I want to expose more. I want people to see that I am colorful and bright, not just studious and quiet.

Another essay for english. Our assignment was to talk about one of our "voices" (basically aspects of our personalities)

Marie BRONZE said...
Marie BRONZE, Spokane, Washington

Go loud or go home.

I had teen ink notify me if you contributed work because i loved one of them, this is so amazing because i feel like you're almost describing me! i too, go on various rants about politics, harry potter, photography, and singing to name a few.. =)