Fireworks | Teen Ink

Fireworks

June 24, 2011
By WolfenWarrior PLATINUM, Some City, Virginia
WolfenWarrior PLATINUM, Some City, Virginia
28 articles 47 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do it and don't look back.


For most of my life, the majority of the people I have known always see the shy, quiet, polite side of me. Until I feel comfortable around someone, and sometimes even then, I am very shy. But, to the people that really know me, I am loud and crazy. Most of the time, I jump at the chance to do something new. I revel in the excitement of a roller coaster or water gun fight. Sometimes, I even have to make myself stop talking. I go on rants about any of my usually nerdy hobbies, whether it is Doctor Who, the Hunger Games, or why movies derived from books are always horrible.
I decided that I should choose an image to reflect this lesser-known side of myself. At first I considered a photo of a bonfire, then someone with a sparkler. Then I thought of fireworks, and realized that they would be a great way to show my “real me voice.” Like fireworks, that “voice” is colorful, exploding with light, seemingly with a life of its own. I’d like to say that I’m fun, but that’s really something for others to say. The colors of a firework also reflect the fact that I’ve never really fit into a typical stereotype, always with so many different interests and ideas. This “voice” reflected by the image of fireworks is one I want to expose more. I want people to see that I am colorful and bright, not just studious and quiet.


The author's comments:
Another essay for english. Our assignment was to talk about one of our "voices" (basically aspects of our personalities)