A day at Popes Place/Memphi | Teen Ink

A day at Popes Place/Memphi

By ketchupheadwriter GOLD, Centralia, Washington
ketchupheadwriter GOLD, Centralia, Washington

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Memphis.That's the name of the penguin on "Happy Feet".It is also the name of the disabled 3 year old at my step mothers work.Popes Place.To me, i see a resemblance, between the penguin and Memphis.Some other people don't.

Everyone calls I'm "Memphi" for short.Some people don't see the heart Memphi has.He's like a dog;it doesn't matter who you are,what you are,what your wearing,how rich you are,what you look like or what your past is,he loves you when you meet I'm.

He has short dark hair.He has little chubby cheeks and legs and arms.Though he cannot speak, he uses his sounds and smile all the time.I'm sure he understands general things.I would love to know what he thinks about.If only he could talk.

When he smiles the sun comes out from behind the clouds, and shines like its never shined before.I know why people with disabilities are better people then regular healthy people.Their dissabilitieness gives them more heart then anyone else has.And sometimes people don't give them as much credit as they should get.

When i talk to Memphi,i feel like he understands.He's only 3,but i feel like he is more mature.When i tell I'm about my "problems" he looks at me with such interest.When i just think about the thought of me having problems, (cause I'm such a drama queen) i think of I'm.He risks his life everyday and he still goes on with a full heart, and a smile on his face.How can i compare our life situations???He just lays there in his crib or on the floor,playing with the only toy he has of his own.His Elmo-singing-dancing-dressed up in a-chicken suit toy.and he never gets bored.
Its going to be so cool seeing I'm grown up and seeing what has changed.I love this little boy.He is the best of best friends.

When i walked into popes place,Memphi stood out.All the other kids looked miserable.Stuffy noses,drooling everywhere,dirty diapers teething crying,tired from everything.And there's that little dude,Memph just sitting and dancing with Elmo, having the time of his life.
This child has changes my outlook on life and has changed my life.And he didn't even say a word...

this is true and i had a great experience.i went to work with my step mom for about 3 hrs and the whole time i played with Memphis.