Good times never seemed so good | Teen Ink

Good times never seemed so good

March 14, 2011
By Palrice8 PLATINUM, Lynn, Massachusetts
Palrice8 PLATINUM, Lynn, Massachusetts
48 articles 4 photos 37 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Face the downs and be grateful for the ups." - David Archuleta


I know I’ve written a lot of stuff about David Archuleta on here, so now I thought I’d explain a little about how I became a fan, or at least a part of it.

I watched David on American Idol and liked him, always voting for him the most. I was sure he was going to win. As the season came to an end and the contestants dwindled down, I started getting more and more into David. Going on fan sites and listening to his songs, not even realizing that I was slowly but surely becoming a huge fan.

Not too long after the finale when David was named runner up, I declared myself a full blown Arch Angel. Always falling for the underdog, thinking back on it, I’m not too surprised by this outcome that has lasted the past three years.

Despite the constant happiness and inspiration David provides me with, his music is definitely a big factor in my persistent support. One song he sang on Idol really reminds me of how I unknowingly got to where I am today. His version of “Sweet Caroline” he sang on Top 5 week. I already liked that song, but once I heard David’s more upbeat, pop version, I was hooked, as it reminded me of how I became a fan.

“Where it began, I can’t begin to know when, But then I know it’s growing strong, Was in the spring, And spring became the summer, Who’d believe you’d come along?”
I don’t specifically know where it all began, but it definitely grew stronger and stronger by the week. I became a real fan in the spring, and into the summer of 2008, and I definitely didn’t think he would come along and do the things he did.

Though I don’t remember the exact time or date it happened, all I have to go by is the vivid, yet so vague memories that stick out from May 2008, when it really all began. The warm, yet crisp spring air amidst the green that was forming outside. The moist, but fresh smell of the air as nature was just getting over those April showers. The sight of that one store that I would always go to, having many David memories that yet to even betoken in my mind. And the sound of David’s soothing voice as I watched him on American Idol, and continued into the summer as I watched Idol tour videos and kept “Crush” on repeat.

Looking back at those months in 2008, as clueless as I was, missing out on so much, I like the upscale of it all. How my devotion and adoration progressed right in front of my eyes, and I was too blinded by prior distractions to see it. Then when the time came for me to venture out into the “Archu-world”, as behind as I was, everything felt so new as I searched and read up on the boy who would soon change my life.

All told, it’s been three amazing years as I’ve been on this journey along with David and many other fans, all experiencing these things for the first time, while taking in every moment. It’s been a true blessing, and even though I’ve been craving these times more than ever with spring approaching, they’re wonderful memories to always keep with me. Compared to the recognition I give them now, those good times never seemed so good in May 2008.


The author's comments:
Thought I'd share and reminisce a little about a time that I really loved and miss.