Who She Really Is | Teen Ink

Who She Really Is

February 2, 2011
By BrookXoxo BRONZE, Andrews AFB, Maryland
BrookXoxo BRONZE, Andrews AFB, Maryland
4 articles 4 photos 22 comments

Her bracelet makes an announcement. She is here. Quiet down. And stare at her. All said with a jingling of a bracelet. Are you saying you don't know her? Stop lying. Everyone knows her.

Everyone wants to be her. Shoes that says she isn't quiet. Shoes that tell you to just stay still. What about her legs?


Ripped jeans. Shows she is crazy, bold, and becoming a stereotype. She is her own stereotype. A thin, fragile fan, like the ones girls owned at the start of America. She is fragile and prone to breaking. Her top? You act like you have never seen her before!


A long, colorful necklace with bright colors. She is bold. If you didn't know that before. Which you did. A shirt? A short dress that barely covers her knees. She is the only one to dare to do that! A short choker necklace. She is caged.


Thin soft lips. Average nose with glasses perched on top like a bird. Shadowy hazel eyes. Imitation side bangs.


Her hair.. Wrapped up in a silk sash perched on her head. Auburn hair. Not her natural color. A butterfly dancing around her head.


Do you know who she is now? She is her own stereotype. Who doesn't want to be copied. Who is she?


She is me. And this is my story of everyday. Thinking of my clothes. Putting secret meanings into them.

Listen to that authoritative jingle next time, okay?