In Love | Teen Ink

In Love

November 16, 2010
By MelMarieexoxo BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
MelMarieexoxo BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
When I grow up, and my little girl asks me who my first love was, I don't want to have to pull out the old photo album, I want to be able to point across the room and say 'He's right there' :)

I wanna be the girl he gives his hoodie to wear and cuddles up next to when it's cold, he'll be the one that comes up behind me, wraps his arms around my waist, catches me off guard and whispers... you look beautiful. :)

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

I've fallen in love many times... always with you

The most beautiful view is the one I share with you.

Our love could change the orbit of the earth. So, if a meteor ever comes hurtling towards earth with the guarantee of destruction, top scientists may call on us to, well, you know, do it like crazy for the sake of humankind.

Soul-mates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not perfect but are always perfect for you.

Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end

Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species.

"Accepting" someone means finding beauty in the ugliness, virtues in the flaws. If you cannot do that, then you do not know how to 'accept' someone.

I see your smile, I feel your lips, I anticipate your arms, I expect your heart. I am totally and completely in love with you.

Every time i think of you.. i always get the butterflies in my tummy, my heart starts racing, and my mind starts wondering! Your the only one i want to be with!

For whatever reasons,,you're the best thing that ever happened to me...

Everybody says that hate is a strong word, that you should not use it, but love is a strong word too and people throw it out like it is nothing.

Money, fame and fortune can never compete with u, baby, your all ill ever need!! <3 I love you

i get so excited when i text you and in 30 seconds my phones buzzes and the butterflies get worse when i see your name across the top

Age doesn't matter when you fall in love with someone, what matters is how much you cannot stand being without them.

I'm the girl your ex will hate, I'm the girl your mother will love, And I'm the girl you'll want forever <3

If nothing lasts forever, would you be my NOTHING?

As long as i can make you smile at least once a day my life will be worth while...

Committing your love to someone means losing the chance to experience another's love. So just be sure the person you're committed to deserves your love.

"the longer you wait for something,the more you appreciate it when you get it, because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for"..^_^


Why did I do this? I thought to myself, while the tears were running down my face for what felt like the millionth time today. We had such a great thing, and I ruined it. He will never want me back now, after all I said to him. He still hadn’t texted me back. You really shouldn’t ignore a 8 page message from your girlfriend, especially when it’s really, really important. Now, I wish I hadn’t sent it. I love him, so much, and I’ll never, ever stop. Not in a million years. Never ever.

I checked my phone for the hundredth time again, hoping that there would be a new message, but no such luck. I sighed, and wiped the tears away, but of course they came back 10 seconds later. By the time I fell asleep my fingers were stained with black mascara and all around me were wet tissues that were spotted with black. He still hadn’t responded, and when I woke up the next morning, I found 2 new messages, but was disappointed because they were both from my friend Heather. My eyes were all puffy and my head hurt, I had stayed up until after 12 crying until I eventually fell asleep. I really didn’t want to go to school, but I had to because of WKCE testing, which was required for all students. But today was the last day, and it only went until 10:30, so if I still didn’t feel good I could always go home.

“Mel, get up! It’s time for school!” My mom shouted, putting a stack of laundry on my bean bag chair. I groaned. I was exhausted. I swung my stiff legs over the side of the bed and got up. I went to the mirror to try to make myself look better. I didn’t really succeed. I brushed out the birds nest I call my hair, put on some make up and got dressed, and then went to eat breakfast. Rather, pick at my breakfast. All I had was barely half a bagel and a glass of milk. I never ate much when I was depressed, and sometimes I was depressed for a long period of time, so I’d go hungry for a long period of time.

“I’m full.” I said, pushing the rest of the bagel away.

“You aren’t going to eat anymore?” My mom asked, handing me my tablet.

“No, I’m full.” I said, looking down again. I sighed. I went back to my room and gathered my things together, to prepare for yet another horrific day at school.

On the way home
“So you really broke up with him? Wow.” My friend Shannon said as we walked to her house.

“Yeah, I did. But now I regret it.” I said, frowning. I was shaking, scared of what might happen tonight. Freddy was most likely to get my messages tonight. And if he didn’t, he had to get on the computer. And he most likely didn’t know what was happening, so he’d be normal.

“Aw, it’ll be ok, Mel. It’ll all work out.” Shannon said, rubbing my shoulder. It was mostly silent the whole way there. I tried to forget about it, I didn’t really like dwelling on things that were depressing me. After I got home and finished all of my homework, I got on the computer. Ten minutes later, a Skype notification popped up, alerting me that he was online. I trembled, and said ‘Hi’. It turns out, he hadn’t read my texts because his phone had been dead for a week. And then he read them. I hadn’t expected his reaction at all.

“Look Mel, if you don’t want to be together anymore, then fine. I don’t care anymore. Not really.” He typed to me. Tears oozed out of my eyes little by little, and I was so glad that he couldn’t see what I looked like right now. “Mel, to tell you the truth, I think this relationship died months ago. This relationship is full of lies.” This time I cried in hysterics. I was home alone, so obviously nobody noticed. I didn’t talk to him after that, not until 2 days later, when we really started to scream at each other. My friend Catelyn texted him, cursing at him. Of course he texted back, and he told me how he really felt about me. I didn’t cry because I was at a sleepover, but, oh, I wanted to. He told me that I hurt him, that I ripped his heart out. I felt terrible and immediately regretted my decision. How I wished to take it back. I still do to this day. The next day, we talked, thankfully, and I apologized for myself and Catelyn (because she obviously wasn’t going to apologize). When he had to go, he asked me a favor that broke my heart, but was glad to do. He asked me to tell him that I loved him one last time. I burst out into tears. Of course I said it, and I asked him to do the same, and he did. Since then, I’ve had mixed feelings about everything. Love can be messed up, and when you’re in love, you can be messed up, too.

The author's comments:
A story about the break up of me and my boyfriend, which has made me very, very depressed.