Be You | Teen Ink

Be You

September 30, 2010
By HippieNamedAnna PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri
HippieNamedAnna PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri
21 articles 7 photos 90 comments

Favorite Quote:
Let It Be-The Beatles
Music is the only thing that makes sense any more-Me
Make love, not war-a bunch of people
Roses are red, Violets are blue, I have five fingers, The middle one's for you-Me :)


Be you. And nobody else. Don't be afraid to let the real person inside of you shine. When I was in sixth grade, I didn't want to be Jewish, because not many people were, I didn't want to strive to be unique. I wanted only to fit in, be like everyone else.
Maybe this is just a stage in my life. Who knows? But seventh grade changed my life. I went to a new school and leaving elementry school behind. In my new school, I realized how an average person is. They are to self conscous, they get bullied, and don't stand up for them selves because they look into them selves only to find the bad qualities. Only to ask why? Why am I like this? The answer to that, is simple. The answer is cliche, you have heard it since God knows when. Be your self.
Because if the opinion to other people really matter, then they are deffinatly NOT worth it. The people who are worth it will take time to realize who you truly are inside.
So now, I am a Jew, and proud. I am me. I am unique. I stand out from all the rest. And yet, I am proud. At the Beginning of seventh grade, I got bullied so much for being the new kid, having different religous views, trying to hard to fit in. But one day, something inside me just clicked. Then I stood up for my self. Sure, I still do get bullied, but not so much, and it's only by people who don't matter in my life.
And what they say is true (mostly) about people are just mean and rude to you because they are having a bad day, or they're self esteem is low. I just know this because I will admit, when I'm having a low day, I put people down too, just so I can feel superior to them.
So just be proud of who you are and remember that the only opinion is yours. Also, it is a lot easier to take mean jokes about you as a good thing. Just say "Awww, thanks!!!" And walk away. Because to them, it is the best diss because then they are left standing there looking like the loser they truly are.


The author's comments:
It's true. I get bullied for being Jewish, so I just laugh and say Ill go ninjew on you. then they get this really funny look on they're face while I walk away. :)