dear god | Teen Ink

dear god

By Shinjitsu-san SILVER, Beavercreek, Ohio
Shinjitsu-san SILVER, Beavercreek, Ohio

dear god:

are you crying?
do you cry all the time, seeing what’s become of your world?
war. famine. disease. these things had yet to corrupt the world when you first crafted it with your hands. now, they mar our imperfect lives.
after you had finished creating our everything, did you cradle the world in your arms like a newborn baby, swaddle it with the moon and stars? did you whisper sweet nothings to it, as it resisted suddenly being thrust into existence? did you imagine the joy it would bring you, envision the pain? could you count the infinite number of lives that would dance across the earth’s now-barren surface, bless each one with your mind?
later, were you silently weeping as you watched your first humans bite into the bittersweet fruit, knowing you couldn’t stop them? did you sob after you discovered adam and eve, cowering among the leaves to conceal their nudity, hide their inadequacy? did you know they had paved the way for all humanity, and weep because they couldn’t understand the truth of what they had done?
do tears flood your eyes each time you see us hurt one another, be it with angry words, fiery fists, or atomic bombs? do you cry each time a child’s soul is returned to you, long before it has truly experienced your precious gift called “life”?
does your infinite love for every creature hurt you? as we slaughter your animals and stuff them into our mouths? does your blood boil as you watch us enslave one another, forget that we are all equal in your eyes? are your tears for us when we strive for impossibles, ideals that will only hurt us in the end? do you scream after each suicide?
dear god: do you weep as you watch us…or do nothing at all?

Camps Kid #8 said...
Your article had really great phrases. It also makes the reader think about what your writing about. Your article was very good! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Meli14 BRONZE said...
Meli14 BRONZE, Othello, Washington

"god is love, and love is real"

Oh my gosh! This really got me thinking. Wow your such A awesome writer, like serouisly! Well im totally giving you a 5/5 okay! and please take a look at mine. Thanks(: