From Place to Place | Teen Ink

From Place to Place

September 29, 2010
By whitkostdnt10 GOLD, South Whitley, Indiana
whitkostdnt10 GOLD, South Whitley, Indiana
18 articles 0 photos 67 comments

I have lived in the same house since I was born. I went to the same school district since kindergarten. The best part of being in the same place your whole life is that you make friends that u see everyday. I have two best friends Megan and Marrisa. Megan and I are “twins” and Marrisa is the girl who is amazing at almost everything! The three of us where inseparable tell the divorce. My mom had been with the same guy since I was a little kid and he had some bad qualities and some really good ones he always had played with me and he loved to make us smile just he drifted away to his computer to often. So my mom decided to move to the house she had helped her brother work on when the divorce was set. This house was in a new city and it meant I went to a new school district. That new school happened to not be my favorite. On top of being new to the school, I was new around town, which makes the outcast. Even worse then being new I was a freshman. The good thing is that I had family here although we don’t talk too much I knew if I needed them they where there. I thought that moving here would change things a lot which it has but in a few way it hasn’t and I think that’s a good thing.

My mom was all for moving and to be honest I think she hates it here more then I do sometimes. There are a few good things like different friends and new puppy and different way different surroundings. Cheerleading is something that is way different here but it is better at my other school. I have always been in the city. I’m used to the loud cars on the highway and people walking around. Now I live in the country-ish type environment. No we don’t have animals but there are cornfields and tractors driving down the roads. The cool thing about the country is the amahs. They have their horse and buggies and they have them all light up at night that is something you will never see in the city. The house that I know live in is much smaller then the once I used to live in. but in many ways it is a lot better. I have made great friends here maybe not a lot but the ones I have are great! The longer I live here the more I get used to it the more people I meet and the more I like it. My two best friends are still my best friends plus a few! I talk to my old friends as much as I can and we try to get together as much as possible, but life leads us to where we are supposed to be. We move from place to place and friend to friend.