Goodbye baby me... | Teen Ink

Goodbye baby me...

June 5, 2010
By briana.leigh SILVER, Glendale, Arizona
briana.leigh SILVER, Glendale, Arizona
7 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dont cry over the small things that are put in your life. Get over them and build yourself up for the big problems.


A day that will live in my mind forever. A day that wont leave my head. I remember like it was a week ago. That day in 2000. I remember waking up late and running to my bus. Me and my brother sat oin the bus and as it drove away i knew my life was about to change. I was only 7 at the time. Wonderig what was upo with the cop cars by my house. But i had to deal with School. i couldnt just ignore it. 8:15 and its tinme to go to "specials" i had P.E. my teacher at the time told me to get my stuff. He said "your going to DisneyLand" I couldnt believed it. I mean Disneyland really? i ran to the office. My grandma was crying. She wsouldnt tell us what was up at the time. just we had to go home and everything would be fine.
2 hours later my grandma gets a call "If the kids arent here in 10 minutes you are going to jail!" So we hopped in the car and drove to the other house. The cops were all there and my parents are no where to be found. CPS was waiting for us and then I realized... MY parents are gone. in jail and what do you tell a little kid when all they want is their mom and dad? "oh dont cry your parents cant take care of you when they are high." NO KID WANTS TO HEAR THAT! i know i didnt. But at the age of 7 thats exactly what i got... Spending all this time at CPS and in counseling helped me feel like there are people who actually want to help the kids in situations like mine.

The author's comments:
I learned from my parents mistakes. I WONT have kids and get high. they didnt realize it like i did...