Inspiration | Teen Ink

Inspiration

By nicdal85 SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina
nicdal85 SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina

"Be kind to everyone you meet, because you never know what people are going through"
-im not sure, i'll find out=)

My inspiration for one piece of my journal. What started all this thinking And what some might call a wake up call, Was a party thrown one night. New years eve, And starting the year 1 year and 6 days older Than I previously was into this year Some friends were over, But, it’s a night forever ingrained in my memory. All notions I had went away, And saw life through a different pair of eyes. With guitars in hand, I sat there and listened to what was just a bunch of people having fun. To me though, the message hit me a bit different. They had fun. And as simple and common of a thing as that, Just hit me like a splash of cold water my face in the morning It was different, No one to impress Just playing and singing, And trying out different songs, notes, chords. All for the pleasure of it. I’ve done it, But not with out feeling some pressure to improve, To not mess up, or slip up on a note or rhythm. Other than writing its one of the ways I can truly express myself. How ever I want to bring joy to others with what I do, Most don’t appreciate it. I would like to do other things. But having no time to do it, Even though with everything I do It seems almost petty of me to want to add that to my list of stuff. In some ways it feels like I am, But the intention for pettiness is not there. Seeing yet another way of how a life can turn out, Another infinite combination of ‘the right place’ And ‘the right time’ Entranced me. Truly seeing through a different pair of eyes. And with that came this. Completely examining myself and opening myself up, To where I once had the door halfway open or completely shut.