Faster | Teen Ink

Faster

By sydneeharris16 DIAMOND, Auburn, Maine
sydneeharris16 DIAMOND, Auburn, Maine

we the willing, lead by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

"RUN! GO FASTER! I KNOW YOU CAN!" my coach yelled as i was stepping up for my turn on the drills.

this was the moment. my first practice, my time to shine. too bad, huh?

i was rounding first, heading to second, when my foot snagged the grass. my foot turned. i was over whelmed with pain. but i kept on going, i didn't say anything.

i wonder if anyone noticed?

i just kept. i held it up. i knew i had to keep going, show my stuff. i was gunning it, ripping up the dirt. the feeling was like nothing.

most importantly the pain. it wasn't there anymore. for a while. when i stopped, i sat down next to my teammate. everything was fine. until i woke up the next morning.

it hurts even more now. i don't know what to do. all i know, i went faster.

on Apr. 11 2010 at 10:22 am
sydneeharris16 DIAMOND, Auburn, Maine

faster. thats all we ever go. even when the world beats down on us, twists our ankle, we ignore it. we just keep on. and thats not always a good thing.