My first rememberence of abuse(warning not a happy tale) | Teen Ink

My first rememberence of abuse(warning not a happy tale)

By Aloneinhappiness GOLD, Truman, Minnesota
Aloneinhappiness GOLD, Truman, Minnesota

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity"

" All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry"
Edgar Allan Poe

Edgar Allan Poe

So i was 5 my mom was working andi was left home with my sister and dad. i promised to help out around the house and the chore i was given was dishes washing. I, as previously mentioned,5 and my ideas and conprehension of certain things were very different from others. SO as I began to wash the dishes i decided to use cold water because i felt the best course of action to remove stains from a plate were to freeze the dirt with cold water so i could scrape them off faster. Needless to say my Ex-dad as he is refered to by me as of now, did not agree with that and Smacked my head so hard i was knocked of the stool i was usinf to do the dishes ans was quite dizzy on the way down. He told be to start being a man and do things right. I explained my thought process through tears to which his reply was to Yank me by the hair, lift me up a flight of stairs and throw me effortlessly into my sistters unfinished room to sleep on the floor. I now wish to have no further contact with him because of past events and an event that took place back in october. I have been told by my mother that i am being selfish and unreasonable in my request to no longer communicate with. I feel unprofessional in asking this but i would like a third parties input on this matter. if you find it Awkward to comment on such I thing I shall of course not feel offended in any sense. If more info is required i shall go into small detail of reasons i Dislike the man
1.He beat me when i was little
2. he treats me like a tool for sympathy
3.He killed my Twin brother while we were in the womb he threw my mom down steps
once again if this was to personal i apolgize

Edgar Allan Poe

Edgar Allan Poe

Hahahaha it did copy alot but thank you very kindly, but i don't feel any intermidiate threats on the horizon but thank you so much for all of your concern

emilysbreakfast GOLD, Alto, Michigan
not sure why that posted a bunch of times, sorry.

emilysbreakfast GOLD, Alto, Michigan

your mom is probably still in denial, as many women in abusive relationships are.  They try to convince themselves that it's not so bad, because they don't want to upset the family they've built. 

What kind of sick excuse for a father would believe that he has the right to beat anybody -- a defenseless child, especially.

You are not required to forgive him, or ever talk to him again, because you are more of a "man" than he will ever be. 

p.s. there are hotlines you can call and people you should talk to if you, or family members are still in danger.

Anonymousme GOLD, San Antonio, Texas

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so whoever believes in hill will not die but have eternal life.

Dreams are what make us who we are, a life without dreams is like a life without air.

Oh  wow...That was just wow... I am so sorry that happened to you! You know one day you will have to forgive him...AND I AM NOT SAYING I AGREE WITH WHAT HE DID but seriously I am a christian I believe in second chances so... again I am so sorry you have been through a LOT.

on Apr. 12 2010 at 9:26 am

Edgar Allan Poe

Edgar Allan Poe

I am really glad truly That my post made you feel that way,not the tears in the eyes thing of course i am very sorry for that but the fact that you don't feel alone in your hard life experiences you are welcome

MilesToTravel BRONZE, Homedale, Idaho

May the odds be EVER in your favor- Effie Trinket

Oh wow your story is beautiful in a way. It made tears come to my eyes and I realized I'm not the only one with a hard life. Thank You so much.

on Apr. 10 2010 at 12:09 am
ShadowThief13 BRONZE, Colts Neck, New Jersey

Enjoy life. Think of all the women who passed up dessert on the Titanic.
- Anonymous

I already hate him.