To My Friends | Teen Ink

To My Friends

By morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois
morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

One of them wears her twin sister’s clothes and expects to get away with it, and dramatically tells farfetched ideas that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. She hates raisins. Her hugs and “I LOVE YOU’s” get me through tough days and her voice over the phone is one of the most comforting out there. Thanks Kenn, for being my bestest friend since we were old enough to walk.

Another asks for a box of Cheerios for Christmas and is the type of person that suggests we create a business or a nail salon together. She always has a smile on her face and has been there for me since diaper years. Kenn is her twin, so thanks Cass, for no matter how long we are separated, how busy we are, I can always expect to be greeted with the hug that I wish I had more often.

Yet another of my friends makes me laugh till I pee, puts her jeans on hangers, and puts the worst pictures of me in frames, ranging from a bad hair day to a photo of me staring at the camera looking constipated. Her deadly farts and strange comments are what make her who she is. I can always count on her for a round of side splitting laughter or to go attack our other friends with me if I’m in an ‘I need to have fun’ mood. (Which is a lot.) She never accuses me of being weird, because she’s probably weirder, but we openly call each other freaks and so does everyone else.

One friend shares two things in common with me: we both have curly brown hair and keep chips in our freezers. Other than that we’re complete opposites, which is what makes us friends. Many good times have been shared and I can always find something to laugh about with her. She wears sweaters in the middle of summer and is the type that mistakes Richard Nixon for Ronald Reagan. I can always count on her to be there when I just have to look over at someone during math and say, “What the crap is this?” Her laugh makes me laugh. She’s absolutely one of a kind and I love her for it.

My peppy cheerleader friend who always seems to have a cold or a bad knee is at times dreadfully annoying but I, and everyone else, love her anyway. She is obsessed with shopping and thinking everything is ‘a good deal’ but still is best friend material and has been there to listen to my pathetic secrets since 2nd grade, and I couldn’t ask for anything more. We were both obsessed with The Apprentice at age….nine maybe? Although we didn’t really understand it, we enjoyed playing Barbie Apprentice and positioning the contestants around “Donald Trump,” (AKA: distorted Ken Barbie) moving his hand up and down for the “You’re fired” motion. Mario Cart, random laughter, and obstacle courses in her basement are among favorite past and current activities. :)

Another friend who is my constant companion, shoulder to cry on, and listener during deep conversations (you would think I was talking about my dog) is full of fun, energetic, and understanding. She isn’t afraid to voice herself to me, and if I have bad breath or some other problem, she’ll be the first to say something to me without holding back. She makes me laugh until I cry and gets my jokes when no one else does. She is simply…the bomb and, although I have many close friends, she is probably the one I would describe as my most needed friend. If I’m having one of those awful days where I feel like there’s a sign on my forehead that says “Poop Here” [her words:)] I can always vent to her, especially in a class where she is basically my only friend in a room full of giggly people that I despise.

My cousin, Megan, is among my best friends. 2 years of age and 9 hours of driving separate us, but the three times a year or so that we see each other are truly epic. I have so much fun with her and send her unbelievably long emails about anything and everything. Mile after mile separates us, but I know that never will jeopardize how close I am with her. I know she would never talk bad about me, and is one of the most loyal, amazing, sweet people I have ever met. She truly helps me be a better Christian and I love her for that and all her other amazing qualities. She’s my best friend and I couldn’t ask for anything more. She will always be my favorite cousin:)

This list could go on and on, but I couldn’t help but to thank my closest of friends for always being there for me despite everything that I might have said to them throughout the years. (I do recall one incident in the 1st grade where I told Kenn to shut her mouth…but Cass teamed up too. Sorry for that Kenn, still love you!) :) My friends, along with God, my comforting immediate family, and my laugh your head off extended family are what get me through the hardest days in middle school. I couldn’t be more blessed for all the people in my life that have made such a big difference in the outcome of every day.

To my quirky friends, who I love for their winner personalities and big smiles. This is a rough draft, so expect another copy ;)

on Mar. 9 2010 at 8:06 pm
SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut
no seriously, this is going on my favorites

ahhh i love this

on Feb. 27 2010 at 11:47 am
morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

~Michael Jordan

thanks i apprecitate it!!!! :)

on Feb. 26 2010 at 2:59 pm
SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut
I absolutley, positivley, definitely loved that. More please!!!!!

Btw, ur friends sound just like mine and I know that we always hav laughs 2gether