Advocate for Larger Buses | Teen Ink

Advocate for Larger Buses

November 25, 2009
By hifive SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
hifive SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I am an student who currently rides the bus. I am grateful for the service you provide. It saves me money and time that driving or walking would cost. However, there is an issue that I feel must be addressed.

For the past four years I have been a passenger on this bus route, and it has not been a problem until this year. Our bus route is overcrowded. We are above the maximum capacity. Kids are sitting three to a seat, and every day, it seems someone new jumps on. The first two weeks of this year I thought it was just a mix of confusion or bus routes were getting settled. But this is the eighth week and our bus still packed. I was hoping you could split up route ten into two routes. Several of the buses that cater to our school have less than ten students riding them. We could combine routes that have a small number of passengers to provide another bus to split up ours.

I hope this is taken seriously. Your company aims to be safe, efficient, and courteous. For the most part you make sure our travel is in its best conditions, but our bus’s current situation does not seem safe or courteous.