The Pain of Lonliness | Teen Ink

The Pain of Lonliness

By jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine
jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine

"Tears are words from the heart that can't be spoken."- Unknown
"Anyone can make you smile or cry, but it takes someone special to make you smile when you already have tears in your eyes."- Unknown

A little girl sits alone crying in the dark. There is no one to hold her. The girl feels alone. She has been taken from her family. She feels like there's no one there for her. That was ten years ago. Looking at her now you would never guess that she has been through so much pain and hurt. You would never guess she feels alone. You would never know that she is sad because she wears a smile on her face. If you look past her smile and into her eyes you will see the pain, the sadness, the anger, and the loneliness. The little girl is now 16. She has several friends that tell her to let go of her past but she can't. She tells them that she can't explain it but she needs to hold on. She needs to hold on to the images of her brother and sisters, tears streaming down their faces as they were taken away. Taken away just like her. So she keeps holding on. She gets angrier and sadder as time goes on. She still won't let go. She still can't. Even surrounded by a family and friends she feels all alone. She wonders where her sisters are. She wonders if they ever think about her. She wonders if they miss her. She thinks about her brother and starts to cry. She doesn't want to think about him being locked away like a criminal for something he couldn't control. Then a boy comes along and sees the pain and sadness in her eyes. He tells her that he knows what she is going through. He has been through it to. He says he also feels the sadness, anger, and loneliness. She has found someone that understands. They understand each other. They no longer feel alone. The finally feel whole. They say they are in love, but it only lasts for awhile. The boy decides to move on and leave the girl behind. The girl doesn't understand, she thought he felt the same way. She feels the sadness and loneliness start to resurface. She starts to get more and more depressed. Her friends don't understand. They have left her because she treated them pretty bad. Now she really does feel alone. She decides to let go of the past and move forward. She tells her self it is for the best. She tells her friends that she is sorry for what happened. They are together again. Best friends and vow to never hurt each other again. She feels whole again. She no longer feels alone. Now if you look in her eyes all you see is happiness. The pain, sadness, anger, and loneliness are gone. She still thinks about her brother and sisters from time to time and wonders if they are thinking of her to. The loneliness is gone for good. She finally let go and is finally living her life t it's fullest. The boy returned but she told him that it was to late. He had broke her heart once and she wouldn't let him do it again. The girl finally falls in love with the man of her dreams. The loneliness never returned until the love of her life passes away but now she has the ability to deal with it.

I was inspired to write this article because I personally experinced it. I hope that when people read this that they will understand that they are not alone and that if they have experienced this to that they will know that their are other people out there going through it to.

Sarbear GOLD said...
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

--Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
--When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.

thank you so much for commenting on my poems that means a lot to me. i'll rate and comment on some of your other work :)

jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine

Sure I'll look at some of your work.

Sarbear GOLD said...
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

your welcome! i think your a really good writer! mind checking out any of my work? i'd like to have your opinion :)

jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine

Thank you so much! I didn't think it was that good. I was just writing what I felt at the moment. All the people I talk about in my stories are actually me and people I know. The girl in this particular story is me.

Sarbear GOLD said...
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

this is touching. i love it :)

on Dec. 17 2009 at 9:28 am
jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine

thank you for your comment.

on Dec. 17 2009 at 9:28 am
jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine

thank you for your comment.

Ashlynette92 said...
on Nov. 20 2009 at 8:55 am
Ashlynette92, Columbus, Ohio

"I warn you, dear child. If I lose my temper, you lose your head. Understand?" - Queen of Hearts

That was very beautiful.

on Oct. 16 2009 at 5:57 am
FR34K0N4L345H33 PLATINUM, Abilene, Texas
This is very touching.