Perfect Daydream | Teen Ink

Perfect Daydream

By corruptedlullaby GOLD, Milo, Maine
corruptedlullaby GOLD, Milo, Maine

"Love is when you don't want to go to sleep because reality is finally better than some dream." -Dr. Seuss

Have you ever had a perfect day dream? You now, the kind when you feel like you're floating? Not just floating but being taken out of your body and flying? The day you do or if you think you have, come let me know; I would love to know; I’ve had the most perfect daydream.
I was sitting in my moms’ car with my legs crossed up on the back seat, my right arm in my lap and my left elbow on the door rest, about to cry. The worst day of my life was that day. I despised it, just wanted to go to sleep and not wake up for eighty days. I was so angry, dissatisfied, clenched up, terribly screaming inside. All I could do was look out the window at the beautiful trees. I went off into what felt like a daydream but I didn’t imagine or dream anything. There were just certain feelings surrounding me. My life felt perfect for about fifteen seconds and my body fell into Wonderland. My life made sense but I still felt hate all inside my body. I closed my eyes and started to cry. I felt a tear fall onto my tightened hand still in my lap. As soon as I felt it, my body went about as calm as it could without my heart stopping its beats. My mind went completely blank, not like how you think a blank mind is; actually blank. Nothing, my body was having the most intense feelings you could only imagine. I was flying. Wait, no, I was floating; floating away into oblivion. It actually felt like I was getting pulled out of my body. All of this in only fifteen seconds. Perfect daydream? Perfectly.