A Shocking Day at Touch of the Sun | Teen Ink

A Shocking Day at Touch of the Sun

By EliraSimonich SILVER, Tirana, Other
EliraSimonich SILVER, Tirana, Other

The day started off great but after 8:00 PM everything went downhill. The entire day I and Bahar have been hanging out with our friends Devi and Glen. They are both about 170 cm tall, Devi has dark brown curly hair, whereas Glen has blond hair in a hairstyle a bit like a buzzcut. They are 16 and like big brothers to us. They always wear workout shorts with a band T-shirt with Adidas slides. They are shy people but around people, they are comfortable around they tell lots of jokes and talk more. Bahar is 165 cm; she has deep brown hair up to her shoulders, she is extremely funny but can be loud at times. That day she was wearing sweat shorts, my Metallica t-shirt, and black high-top converse. I am 167 cm tall with dyed dark red hair up to my chest and I was wearing black shorts, a black crop top, and a yellow, black, and gray flannel with my brown converse. 
     Devi and Glen get pulled aside by their friend Matias who shared the same style as them, is a brunet, and always wears some sort of baseball hat, even at night. I and Bahar are waiting in the game room when we hear arguing. It was Matias, Glen, Devi, and some other kids around 10 years of age. We were told to stay out of it from the beginning but of course, I and Bahar listened in. I only made out a few words and heard "No", "Why would you think we would do that", and "Leave us alone". 
    Devi stayed outside discussing with Matias while Glen came to the game room and sat down on the pool table with his hands covering his face in frustration. Bahar began to ask questions and I would chime in occasionally. 
"What happened, where did Devi go, what did you talk about?" 
"Why can't you tell us what just happened?” I asked. 
Bahar concluded and said, “It was about us is that why you can't tell us?” 
She spoke so fast I was surprised I could understand her. Glen immediately replied with  
"No!” 
Obviously upset about the discussion.  
"Listen...” He said, “I just want some peace and quiet after all of that.” 
     We all sat in silence for a few minutes until this 10-year-old kid barged in and started running around messing around with everything in the room. Bahar tried to kick him out and began pushing him outside of the door. 
"GET OUT!” she yelled at the kid as she would also have to be the one to clean the room.  
      She finally pushed the kid out and slammed the door. Then things went terribly wrong. As Bahar slammed the door the kid kicked it at the same time it closed and at that moment the glass broke. Bahar had a shocked look on her face as I and Glen jumped up in surprise. Our jaws dropped and walking slowly we were comprehending what had just happened and everyone began arguing.  
"That was your fault!”  
"No, it was yours!" 
     This went on for a good 20 minutes. In the end, we did not care but the fight with Matias continued. They went to the store whilst me and Bahar waited for them on the bench at the playground. They came back at around 9:30 PM and Matias left directly when seeing us. At this moment I and Bahar still have no clue why they got into a fight. At one-point Bahar needs to go to the market and get some snacks.  
    Heading back to the compound and saw Devi and Glen had finally gotten away from Matias. I saw Devi and asked him; 
"Hey Dev, how's your mom? 
"She's good but she misses you; I mean she hasn’t seen you in a long time.” 
“I can go up and say Hi” 
As I went up Bahar stayed downstairs with Glen. While I was upstairs Bahar convinced Glen to tell her about the fight with Matias. By the time that conversation had ended, and glen left I came back downstairs, and we sat down by the pool. I put my feet in the water as Bahar began to tell me about her discussion with Glen. 
"So, I got Glen to tell me about the fight...” 
“Oh my God, what happened!?" I replied 
“So, he wasn’t telling me, so I was forcing him to. He told me that it was about us apparently and that Matias said that they were hanging out with us too much, and then,”  
While saying those last two words Bahar swung her arm with her phone in it and it fell into the pool. I jumped in the pool and frantically Bahar kicked my phone into the pool. I came back up giving her phone back to her and then went and got mine. I then arrived at Bahar's home soaking wet.  
This day brought our group closer than ever and benefited me by getting a new phone.