Pepper From Hell | Teen Ink

Pepper From Hell

By Raizy BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Raizy BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"Life goes on, days get brighter”-Mac miller

We've all had a time where we wish we could change our stupid decisions , This is one of my many times i've questioned why i didn't think twice.

This all started on a regular day.. My cousin called me telling me he would be at my house. He then arrived around 15 minutes later with a grin going from one ear to the other. By then i was already thinking to myself “this guy has something crazy with him”, i then asked him “what are you smiling about?” where he proceeds to pull out a bag of Carolina reapers. 

I immediately knew what they were and what he wanted to do with them as I thought to myself “damn I'm really about to do this.”. He then asks me “you down” where i replied “f*ck it”. We both then make our way to the kitchen where we get prepared with milk, sugar, ice, and popsicles. We then both grab one of these peppers from hell and proceed to count to 3. “one!...Two!...Three!” We both shove the pepper in our mouths as we then start chewing.

I start to feel an intense burning in the back of my throat. I immediately make my way to the faucet where my cousin follows and fights me for it.I make my way to the table as my saliva is running all over my burning tongue. I finally get the milk and drink it straight from the carten not wanting to spend another second with the agonizing pain. The milk was not going to be enough tho so as tears started falling from my face i grabbed the popsicles we had previously set up. I continued to think to myself “why? Why? Why? Angelo” as I kept the popsicle in my mouth because it was the only thing helping me find any sense of relief from this pepper. Up until around 1 hour later after wasting a whole pack of popsicles I was hardly  able to feel the insane flaming in my mouth.

The lesson I learned today was something I'd remember for the rest of this life. I learned nature can humble you really quick and when it's hot going in, it's almost two times hotter going out.

This piece is a what makes me now think twice a lot more often because you might hate yourself in the past for what your going through at the moment