He is there! | Teen Ink

He is there!

By MGH2008 SILVER, Greenville, Florida
MGH2008 SILVER, Greenville, Florida

He is there! 

We as people underestimate things, it's just natural to us, because we don't realize the small details that give it all away. What I mean by that is this world has “taught’ us to not care about one another, not care what we are going through, or what we have been through. On the other hand, God teaches us to reach out to others that are struggling, hurting, and that are lost. I was at a point in life that I was hurting, struggling, and I was very lost. I had a really rough childhood. My brother and I were taken away from our parents at the ages of two and a half, and four. We were put into foster care. My parents were into drugs and my Dad was just crazy. The times that we would actually be able to see him, he was drunk. He was always in and out of jail. My mom was trying to stop using drugs, and to prevent us from getting taken away, but it ended up happening anyway. 

The foster home that we got put into later adopted us, along with another boy so he became my brother. Right before we got adopted, God spoke to me and my bio brother, to change names. Our names at that time were Brayson, and Madison. He told us to change our names to Charles, which means free man, and MadiLynn which means wished-for child. We were born into a house that was filled with drugs. Our parents were sixteen and seventeen. We had never been to church, never heard of a God, but when He spoke to us, we automatically knew it was Him speaking. 

After we were adopted, we started to realize that the way our new parents were treating us was not right. They were abusing us, verbally, physically, and sexualy. I am being vulnerable because that is what God tells us to do, because sometimes that vulnerablity can change peoples lives. So, yes, I am going to be open about my story, because I want to help other people. God calls us to be vessels in which we should share what God has done in our lives, and is doing right now. 

We did not know what to do about the abuse and it lasted eight years, until I told a family member and they contacted the abuse hotline. Then we got taken away and put into foster care again. We got placed into a friend's home, and it was about eleven months until we got adopted into the friend's family. During those eight years, we lost trust and faith in God. We just thought that there would be no way out, but there was. Now that I look back on it, I realize that God was there telling me that it would be ok, and saying “I got you.” So I encourage you, whatever you are going through, that you just ask for His help. He is there and He hears your prayers. Trust Him, He will take your hand and lead you if you let Him. You are chosen, you are not a mistake, you are His and always will be.  You are not broken, you are made new, you are restored. Don't believe what the world tells you. God made you, He love you, and you are His. 

MadiLynn is a thirteen year old, that lives in North Florida.