Who Am I? | Teen Ink

Who Am I?

By 3paul BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3paul BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

I am one person, one being, one girl yet I take my place in many people’s lives. I often ask myself, “Does the word that I am called affect how people feel about me, or is it me: the girl behind my name that does?” But “Grace” isn’t the only word I go by.

“Grace!” my friend shouts, we both turn our heads, then make eye contact and laugh. My best friend, who shares my name, and I spend a lot of time together. It is pretty hard when we are together to distinguish who is talking to who, and that’s how my nicknames began.

I like to think I am an individual with uniqueness, my friends agree, so I go by many names. I go by GP to a lot of people, Baseball, G-Dog, The Boss, Peanut, Blue, The 3rd Paul, BP(the gas station), and many more. To me, this signifies that I define my name, any of them because there are reasons behind them. I define my true name, Grace, I am my mothers only daughter;  I am Jades best friend; I am the funny wings mentor; I am the young up and coming dog handler; I am the boxer; I am a student; I myself am known as many names but I am still me, I am Grace.