Losing Friendships | Teen Ink

Losing Friendships

By awoogalex SILVER, Tirana, Other
awoogalex SILVER, Tirana, Other

E

Have you ever lost someone? Losing someone is something we all go through at one point or another. This can happen in several ways such as: death, moving away, not having any form of contact or just by ignoring each other. This being the case, it is no surprise I have lost some people in my life too. 

One of the most common ways people lose friends is when that friend simply moves away. This has happened to me quite a lot and I expect it to continue to happen. When you do not live near each other it is easy to drift apart since you don’t see each other as much. The last time this happened to me was last year when I got close to someone, they ended up moving away, and the friendship did not last long after that.  

Another friend and I just didn’t fit well together, and we stopped being friends. This also happens to people. Sometimes friends just don't mix, and they don't make good friends even though they don't exactly hate each other. This is what happened to me and this person. We were on good terms, but we did not mix well and because of that we did not stay friends.  
In other occasions, people are very toxic and because of this you can get in many fights and disagreements together. Sometimes, these fights are intense, and they can lead to both people isolating themselves from each other. I personally had this experience with a person I knew, and the result of that was that the friendship ended very badly. 

Other times people just ignoring you or leaving with no trace. It's very hard to know what to do. A friend I had since I was in kindergarten stopped talking to me one day. This is a sad way to lose someone but then again you can't do much about it. 

I went to a summer camp a few years back and made a lot of good friends there, but once summer was over, and we all had to get back to school we stopped talking. This was mainly because we all got caught up in school and did not have time to talk to each other anymore.

In conclusion, people in your life may come and go in multiple ways. although it is a sad occurrence, it is something we all must go through. Sometimes, people leaving can also do more good than harm. And although people leaving is unavoidable this means we must make the most of our friendships while we still have them. 

This essay has to do with my personal experiences of losing friends. 

on Nov. 8 2021 at 6:46 pm
Bumble_Bee PLATINUM, New Athens, Illinois

"You will be found" -Dear Evan Hansen

I’m so sorry you lost some friends, that always sucks, but you’re right. Friends come and go all the time. (Also- I don’t mean to bother you, but I love the ranboo pfp!! :DD)