The Unexpected Winter Storm | Teen Ink

The Unexpected Winter Storm

February 24, 2021
By ryanbegnaud SILVER, Austin, Texas
ryanbegnaud SILVER, Austin, Texas
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Imagine you’re a dog trapped in a kennel. That’s how I felt when a winter storm hit Austin, Texas. Stuck inside for days upon days, you won’t believe me when I say that I was one of the lucky ones. The storm hit the entire state of Texas, and obviously that meant there’d be homeless people with nowhere to go, no way of staying warm, and nobody to lean on. 

Not only did I have shelter during the winter storm, but I had power and water as well. Many people with homes lost water due to something related to their pipes, and many people also lost electricity due to the extreme weather. I decided to pick up some old hobbies while I was stuck at home for the week, as I couldn’t really get anything productive done. These old hobbies consisted of playing Fortnite, and honestly that’s pretty much it. Funny enough, there was one day where I played Fortnite for about 12 straight hours, and I did not get bored for a second. Sometimes, it’s good to just take a step back, and be grateful for all the things you have.


The author's comments:

I'm just a junior who wants his writing to be recognized.