Waffles on the highway | Teen Ink

Waffles on the highway

By Adriyanna BRONZE, Cordova, Tennessee
Adriyanna BRONZE, Cordova, Tennessee
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

Be who you are not who you desire to be

I started walking away back to the buffet table. I just hate coming these stupid benefits. I started stuffing my face with mini cupcakes, but then my parents waved me over, letting me know that it was time to go home. I grabbed a food box and put some waffles with syrup packets inside of it. I walked over to them and we walked outside to the parking lot. I got into the car and got inside. We pulled out of the lane and started driving down the highway. 

Cars fly by I the cool, dusk night. The lights of the city illuminate the long and dark sky of the night. I sit there in the backseat. Laying my arms on the edge of the window. My parents, driving through the night exclaiming what an exquisite night they had. And the delicious waffles I had on my lap. I neither wanted lunch nor dinner. I wanted waffles. As I finished my waffles, I soundly fell asleep in the backseat. I dream of chocolate clouds and soft streams of syrup. Yep. I loved my waffles on the highway. 

I wrote this because I was hungry. Sounds kind of silly but I want to write about something fun but calming.