Toxic ex gf | Teen Ink

Toxic ex gf

December 23, 2020
By Thepotatoe BRONZE, Wylie, Texas
Thepotatoe BRONZE, Wylie, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
No matter how hard life can be, your always going to get through it!


This all started in 8th grade in Gym we were doing our exercises and out of a sudden, this girl playfully pulled my hair really hard. So I got really upset and I cussed her out. She was shocked because I guess she hasn't seen me go off on someone. we started being friends and I figure out that she's also lesbian like me. But later on, she tells me that she's not a lesbian that it was a joke and I obviously got offended. But I still am her friend because why not I don't want to turn someone down. We also have a Choir class together (it's our last class of the day) so I would see her often. I tell her about this site about an LGBT teen community for people that are struggling. And I tell her to join and we start messaging each other on there during classes. On a Friday I see her typing a ton, but I don't ask her so then after class she tells me to look at it. It was a whole paragraph telling me that she has a crush on me and ask me to be her gf. I couldn't believe it so on Monday I said yes.

As months came by with being with her we were always fighting about stupid things. I felt like I was making her feel like she was my main priority and I didn't care about myself and what I felt. She wanted to do things and I didn't.  I even lost 30 lbs in 3 months because of how stressed I was just being with her. I wanted every opportunity to not w/ her and she made me not want to do certain things. 

I've always been a mature person and she wasn't. She would be running and chasing her friends in the hallway and I would be being there so embarrassed. But for the main of it, I have learned a lesson and that is "I can't change someone because of who they are".