Toxic ex gf | Teen Ink

Toxic ex gf

By Thepotatoe BRONZE, Wylie, Texas
Thepotatoe BRONZE, Wylie, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

No matter how hard life can be, your always going to get through it!

This all started in 8th grade in Gym we were doing our exercises and out of a sudden, this girl playfully pulled my hair really hard. So I got really upset and I cussed her out. She was shocked because I guess she hasn't seen me go off on someone. we started being friends and I figure out that she's also lesbian like me. But later on, she tells me that she's not a lesbian that it was a joke and I obviously got offended. But I still am her friend because why not I don't want to turn someone down. We also have a Choir class together (it's our last class of the day) so I would see her often. I tell her about this site about an LGBT teen community for people that are struggling. And I tell her to join and we start messaging each other on there during classes. On a Friday I see her typing a ton, but I don't ask her so then after class she tells me to look at it. It was a whole paragraph telling me that she has a crush on me and ask me to be her gf. I couldn't believe it so on Monday I said yes.

As months came by with being with her we were always fighting about stupid things. I felt like I was making her feel like she was my main priority and I didn't care about myself and what I felt. She wanted to do things and I didn't.  I even lost 30 lbs in 3 months because of how stressed I was just being with her. I wanted every opportunity to not w/ her and she made me not want to do certain things. 

I've always been a mature person and she wasn't. She would be running and chasing her friends in the hallway and I would be being there so embarrassed. But for the main of it, I have learned a lesson and that is "I can't change someone because of who they are".