Letter to My Past Self | Teen Ink

Letter to My Past Self

December 8, 2020
By ryanbegnaud SILVER, Austin, Texas
ryanbegnaud SILVER, Austin, Texas
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Childhood Version of Ryan,

What’s up dude, it’s the future version of you writing this. The first thing I’d like to say is, you don’t always have to say the first thing that comes to your head. Think before you speak! I know that my past self has made that mistake more than a few times, so just keep that in mind! If I remember correctly, I also believe that my past self has made a TON of other mistakes as well. Most of the advice I’ve given you already was mainly directed towards the middle school version of myself, but I believe it may be time to give the elementary school version of myself some advice as well. 

When I was in elementary school, I didn’t really know anything at all about life. What I realized as I have aged is that it’s good to have somewhat of a perspective on life. For example, I now believe that life should be lived spontaneously, and you should take and conquer whatever is thrown your way. My childhood self didn’t realize this, but this is your opportunity to rewrite our life!

Sincerely, 

Future Ryan


The author's comments:

I'm simply just a junior in high school trying to make it big.