Junior Prom | Teen Ink

Junior Prom

By alongmore1 SILVER, East Carbon, Utah
alongmore1 SILVER, East Carbon, Utah
7 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"Just because I laugh everyday doesn't mean life is easy, Just because I have a smile on my face doesn't mean that somethings not bothering me. I just choose to move on with the negative instead of dwelling on the past."

Nothing is more exciting than the day you get asked to your junior prom. For me it was like a dream come true. I am not much of a dress kind of person, but I had dreamt about prom since 8th grade. Then just a few days ago I was asked. It was the sweetest things ever. Flowers were brought in, a poster was hand written, and then him. He asked me, and I said yes. Almost in tears, because I have never been to a school dance before. It isn’t just the prom itself that’s exciting, it the dress fitting, and ordering the boutonnieres for him, and the day of the prom when you have to get ready, from the dress, to the hair, and, to the makeup. But the best thing about prom is when your mother is there to see you, to help you get ready. When she smiles at her beautiful baby girl and watches her leave to her first prom. Some people say it’s like a tiny wedding feeling, but to me it’s my first dance, my first junior prom.