My cut | Teen Ink

My cut

When I was 12 I got a big cut. I was elk hunting with my cousin, my uncle, my dad, and a friend named Anthony. We drove to the spot, it took about two hours. We got to the spot at like 6:30 and started hiking. When we got to the top we started to follow this road. We heard a bugle and went towards the sound. When we got to the meadow, we started to call and stalk the bull.

We didn't hear from the bull for a long time. We started walking and we heard a crash. We stopped and looked around to see if any elk have passed through. When we started to walk again, all of a sudden a log came out of nowhere and I tripped on it.

I started to walk again and my leg hurt bad. When I lifted my pant leg I saw a huge cut. We stopped and we started to clean my cut and. Got a sticks for crutches. When we started walking we saw a grouse. Anthony got out his  bow and he shot it. When we got to the truck we had to drive to the hospital, fast.

We passed this pig pen and the pigs were hariy. The pigs looked like they were as soft as velvet.  When we went through the pass we saw a old mine. When we got through philipsburg we saw a herd of elk. We stopped and looked at them and saw a bull. We kept driving until we made it to Hamilton.

We stopped at lone pine so my mom can pick me up to go to the hospital. When we got to the hospital we had to fill out a lot of paperwork. The doctor took me to the room and had me change into scrubs. As I was changing a girl nurse walked in and she was skinny and kinda weird.

They hooked me up to the heart monitor and started to wash out the cut. The nurse started cleaning out my cut softly, but then the doctor said you have to do it harder. And she did it full on. It hurt so bad it felt like I hand an arrow through my leg, and my dad could tell. The girl nurse started to clean it harder and they started to sedate me. The doctor started the stitching up my cut. Then he had the assistant grab me bandages. Then the doctor had us fill out paperwork. Then we went to dairy queen for a birthday party. We went home and watched the office. Then I went to school the next day and we had to run the mile. I was ticked and had to sit the whole day. Then I went to a friends house the next day and My friend drilled me in my cut leg with a volleyball. The day did not go as good as I hoped .

The end