Winter Wonderland | Teen Ink

Winter Wonderland

March 12, 2019
By kateeperez BRONZE, Pinecrest, Florida
kateeperez BRONZE, Pinecrest, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Opening the white bedroom door, I enter a room of snowy white and dark blue. To my left is a white desk, filled with papers and books.  Above are daily reminder notes to keep me going. A white wooden basket filled with stuffed animals is near the bathroom. Covering the basket are two fluffy white pillows on top of a blue blanket. Hanging on the wall is a whiteboard that I use to study for exams.  To the right is a white dresser, and on its surface a clear lamp, a large black and white Chanel box, and a smaller white jewelry box. Continuing the white theme, in the corner stands a second dresser, with a mirror attached. I open it to find messy piles of pajamas, athletic wear, and t-shirts.  A sliding closet door opens to a world of clothes and accessories. To the right of the closet, a large window overlooks the front yard, and at night is covered with dark blue curtains. In the center of the room is a queen-size bed, enveloped in white bedding with blue threads, and a soft dark blue blanket.  My room, a barrier of white walls, looks like a winter wonderland.


The author's comments:

In my writing class, I was asked to write a paragraph describing what my room looked like. In this paragraph I gave a detailed description of everything in my room, and related it to a winter wonderland, hence the title.