Sacramento, My Home | Teen Ink

Sacramento, My Home

By Its_Chonna BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Its_Chonna BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"Happiness is not something that you have to achieve. You can still feel happy during the process of achieving something." -Kim NamJoon

Sacramento, my home city. It is known for the green beautiful trees, that is why Sacramento is also called,” City of trees.” The community here is big, because we are the 6th most diverse city in the country. There are more than just trees, I personally love to walk around “Old Sac” with my sister. It is even better at night where christmas lights are on. Most of the days here are sunny, so when it is sunny the best time to be at is the park where the trees are. Here in Sac is perfect.

Thinking of life in the Capital sounds amazing with the population growth and opportunities given. Including the beautiful neighborhoods, landscapes and entertainments but there are issues that the Capital still struggles with. I live in a neighborhood where homelessness in a problem, the percentage of homeless living in Sac is 31%. We struggle with poverty, residents below poverty level is 77.9%. Sac remains eighth in nation for unhealthy air.

Our struggles are real, it is not like a commercial how everyone is happy and smiling. I am writing this because I want people who do not live in Sac to know that we are suffering. But if I was in a high ranking and made a commercial I would not show the the issues either. Why show it when your making stacks? Right?

Although I am just a student of a high school and a child of my parents, I see the struggles of my community.

See every piont of view. See the world a different view.