Being Content | Teen Ink

Being Content

February 22, 2019
By isabellabrogna BRONZE, Austin, Texas
isabellabrogna BRONZE, Austin, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Being content means being at peace with yourself and your surrounding environment. It doesn’t mean you have to be happy about what is going on or think it is a good thing, simply make peace with the situation. Without being content, you can only be anxious. It creates a state of unrest that prevents you from finding joy. The strongest people are those who are able to be content even in the hard times.

Philippians 4:11 says “I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.” Paul wrote these words to the people of Philippi as he sat in his prison cell. Paul was in no position to be happy or content with his circumstances as he sat, hoping for an escape. There is something to be learned from a man who can be content during his imprisonment for something he was not guilty of. I have come to realize that if Paul can be content in prison, I can always be content in my life. I may face obstacles, but I am not in prison and that is something to be grateful for.

God provides peace to those who seek it from him. This simple fact allows me to be content as I face difficult times. I can rest in the fact that he has a plan for me and will bring good out of all circumstances. Becoming content in my life has been a long process for me, and is something I am still working on, but it is something that has improved my quality of life so much. Being content allows me to see the brighter side of every situation.