Blue Love | Teen Ink

Blue Love

November 2, 2018
By CMiller BRONZE, Madelia, Minnesota
CMiller BRONZE, Madelia, Minnesota
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

She is a love I cannot run to. She is both mysterious and elegant. Her deep blue surface hypnotizes me with every twist and turn of the waves. I am standing before her. Her blue and green liquid caresses my feet causing me to sink deeper into the coarse sand below me. I want to be engulfed by her presence. The cool salty air draws me in. I want to know what is hidden in this deep blue beauty, but I cannot swim.

I plop myself on the sand feeling defeated. Feeling like my efforts were for nothing. I feel my chest start to swell as my eyes get puffy. I look towards the horizon with crystal orbs caressing my cheeks. I rest my hand on the sand when I feel a seashell -- A gift from the ocean herself, I hold onto the precious treasure and stand up to look for more.

The sandy surface is covered in the multicolored shells. I excitedly walk up to each shell and claim it as mine. I continue collecting until I realize I can’t hold anymore. My arms are filled with all the gifts from my beloved. I feel all the rough edges and smooth insides. I breath in the cool salty air and sit down, but this time with a smile on my face, I’m happy with all the wonderful gifts the blue beauty has given to me. I want to stay with her forever.