Rooms Around the World | Teen Ink

Rooms Around the World

By matty-ice9 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
matty-ice9 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Every room in my house feels like they are on two different hemispheres. My basement is like a snowy December night, where I need three layers to capture heat. The garage is a mirror reflection to outside, mocking its temperature. Opening the door to the basement from the garage on a mid-summer day is like an icicle punching you square in the face. Although it is relaxing the first five minutes, sitting down there too long makes my fingers turn purple and fall off.

My room, my room on the other hand is the Amazon Rainforest. Hot weather allows heat to melt through my window, creating a steamy, sweaty sauna.  My back sticks to the leather seat by the TV. Ah the living room, the living room is like a beautiful vacation to the Bahamas. No matter the season, it provides comfort like a hug. Tending to fall asleep down there, the warm air and the coolness of the leather couch are the perfect combination. I never knew that one floor could be the remote control for the rest of the house’s temperatures.