HAIRS | Teen Ink

HAIRS

October 24, 2018
By TheGoodandTheBad GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
TheGoodandTheBad GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The males in my family who are my father Kevin, my brother Ryan and myself have similar yet distinct hair.

My brother and I wear our hair in a buzz cut, but my father likes to keep his clean cut yet not so tight to the head.  My father’s shiny bald spot continues to grow with each passing year. His hair keeps turning from black to grey like the ash in a fire pit.

When my hair becomes longer, it tends to stick up like a hand reaching for sky. Ryan and I like to keep our hair as short as a freshly cut grass. Just by looking at my brother Ryan and his razor like hair is like looking in the mirror. After the barber finishes my haircut, the now revealing scar on the side of my head makes people question. How did I get that scar?

On the other hand, my mother Kelly has hair as bright as the yellow sun. Yet my mother’s hair can become unruly like a kindergartener running around at recess time.  Mother happens to be the only person who must really comb her hair. With long hair, you must comb your hair, comb your hair until smooth and straight.

As we all have our similarities and differences in hair thats what makes us each unique. We all take care of our hair by making scrubbing bubbles of shampoo. After our hair is freshly cleaned and washed, our hair smells like the ocean breeze.