The Chocolate Chip Cheesecake | Teen Ink

The Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

By szigg SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
szigg SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

It's Christmas of 2011 and my family gathers around the table. Everyone's having conversations and catching up.

“Dinner is served!” yells my aunt.

Twenty-Three of us race to the kitchen. The smell of food creeps upon us. Before we fill our plates with the most delicious looking food, we bow our heads.

“We give thanks dear lord for the food and the family that we have been blessed with.” My grandpa exclaimed.

After grace everyone grabs the main course meal and the jam their plate full. However me and my cousin dont take as much food because there is something else we are waiting for.

After dinner we here the refrigerator open and we hop out of our seat and dart for the kitchen. We see my aunt carrying the holy grail of the feast. It is my aunt’s homemade Chocolate Chip Cheesecake.

As she sets the cheesecake down on the table, I see my cousin watching it. As she started to cut into it, I feel my stomach empty.

As I scooped the piece of dessert onto my plate, I get warm and a smile slowly creeps across my face.

As I sit down at the table with my plate, I pick up my fork and and slowly use the side to cut into the smooth silky chocolate chip mixture. As I bite into it, it feels like fireworks. I try to eat it slowly to enjoy every last minute of flavor, but can can't help myself. I end up eating it super fast. I only got one piece. But that just gives me something to look forward to the next holiday.