Dear Girl, | Teen Ink

Dear Girl,

Dear, Girl,

I liked you before I even knew I was bisexual. I came out on Snapchat saying "I'm f---ing bisexual.". But you didn't have anything to comment on that like I had secretly hoped you would.

Girl, you're one of the few bi girls I know and maybe that's part of the reason why I like you. Honestly, I'm not completely sure why I like you, I don't know you- not completely. But I know I want to get to know you.

I see you even if you don't see me.

The conversations we've had when I realized we have a lot more in common than I thought we would. That anxious moment when I told you about my dad, something I don't talk to anyone about. or when you understood me when I couldn't describe the depths of isolation I had felt. And when you suggested we hang out sometime, my heart hit the brakes. I figured I would mess everything up, or my LGBTQ hating parents wouldn't let me hang out with an openly bisexual girl. so I messed everything up before we had the chance to hang out in person.

I guess I just couldn't face being rejected by you... So every time you send out streaks on Snapchat, I hope it's you messaging me, a simple "Hey".

Xoxo,
Lost Girl.