Memoir | Teen Ink

Memoir

By Aaroni BRONZE, Montclair, New Jersey
Aaroni BRONZE, Montclair, New Jersey

Keep strong, live hard

On my 12th birthday I got a PSP. It was silver. It felt light as a feather. It came with a game called “Daxter”. I was so happy to play. I played until midnight. It was one of my best birthday gifts. I finally got what I wanted.

I remember the exact day. It was on a Saturday. The day after my birthday. My mother said I was going to get my present later in the day. I couldn’t wait to get it. Minutes felt like hours. I wanted time to go by faster.

Then my mother said, “Its time to go.” I didn’t know where we were going. As we drove further and further on the road. I saw Toys R’ Us. I thought to myself…I’m going to get a PSP.

When I entered the store I ran to the electronics section. I found the silver PSP. It came in a bundle package. So there was a game and a movie inside.

As soon as I go home I started to rip open the package. When I got to the PSP. It was beautiful. The sleek and elegant design. It felt as light as a feather. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I thanked my mother a whole lot. Ended the night by playing with my PSP until morning.