Pt. V: Comfort | Teen Ink

Pt. V: Comfort

By SenatorSwank SILVER, Aliso Viejo, California
SenatorSwank SILVER, Aliso Viejo, California

"Those who wave a flag of principle are often the first to burn it"

Comfort.

It happens when you get that aching sensation in your head that tells you: "Everyone is good, they are vulnerable, they accept you, they have your minds and you can have theirs, free of charge".

Of course you never act on that intuition. It's a risky venture to say the least.

When you're in that environment you feel as if the normal social schemes don't apply. That when her face and yours are drawn together, you needn't worry about taking your gaze away. You needn't flee or reflex away in embarrassment.

When you see her lips, and know that yours and hers share a common smile, a common language that can only be expressed through passionate embrace. You know that you're in this special place.

And maybe you can, very quick now! No one's looking. In that moment love is only half the equation. More than anything, it's about comfort, knowing that those lips would seek and accept yours. You feel yourself melt into your mind, her soul turns to liquid and both you pour yourselves into and another in endless bliss. The enormity of this connection envelops you like a blanket. It strangles your senses, it smothers your reasoning. If obliterates the psyche and it kills the ego.

Just...a bit...closer

And inch

Or two

In an alternate dimension, your life is not your life.

Then the reality comes, and all you are left alone in the solitude of thought. 

As I've said, night has some interesting effects. This incident is just one of the many.