Always. | Teen Ink

Always.

By Eri-234 SILVER, Brampton, Other
Eri-234 SILVER, Brampton, Other

"Smile; it makes people wonder what you're up to." -Unknown

She looked on detachedly; as if this didn’t concern her, and this wasn’t even her. Just words flying by and narrowly missing her. Now and again, one would register in her head but it passed too quickly for her to follow it further. She could chase after it, but that would be considered too… impolite. Wouldn’t want to be disrespectful, now, would she? Not to these people shamelessly disrespecting each other.

It’s almost laughable, really, that even in the midst of all this she still clings to what she was taught. (“Almost”, of course, because if she starts laughing now, she may never stop. And they always did hate when she laughed for too long. Considered it to be too… improper.) Nevertheless, she always remembered her manners. How could she forget when they were drilled into her?

Always say “please”. Always say “thank you”. Always be kind. Always forgive. Forgive and forget.

Forgiving was easy. Now, forgetting… she isn’t as young as she used to be, but even then she isn’t old enough to be forgetting anything anytime soon. After all, she’s still at that very “impressionable” age.