Story | Teen Ink

Story

April 11, 2016
By SyuhadaAnuar SILVER, Johor, Other
SyuhadaAnuar SILVER, Johor, Other
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It really makes me wonder.
Most have experienced this kind of feeling; loving someone. But it sure makes me wonder.
What is love?
Love is, when two people desire each other. Love is, when two people want to be together. Want to share every second; want to hold each other tight; just smile at each other and share this happiness. Or even the sadness, the burden. If two people want to give each other everything.
Does it really matter whom we love?
Why do rules forbid to love someone of your own blood, may it be brother, sister, cousin or parent? In fact, rules will always be able to hinder a relationship, but they'll never be able to fight feelings. Because the heart doesn't lie and can't be silenced.
So then, why is society forcing us to shut up our feelings, to shut up this desire? Why are we not allowed to love someone so much older than ourself? Why are people who love someone of their own sex looked down upon?
I wake up and I look at this boy I love. He's normal. My age, not connected to me by blood at all, not my gender, not even violent. I'm following all the rules there are to love in this world. But he still won't turn to look at me at all, won't love me back. I keep realizing that I wish I could wake up and be another person, peel off my skin to find someone else underneath. That's what love is. A coincidence. You can't tell your heart for just whom it should pound. It could be just anyone and you're just the prisoner of your feelings.
If it's forbidden to love who we want to, then just whom shall we love? Someone, we will never be able to give our heart completely because we're still hung up on someone else?
What's with that, society?
I think that even though there are lines you shouldn't cross, everyone shouldn't need to suppress their feelings because suppressing them is what truly corrupts people and makes them rotten.
Like hell I'm supporting EVERYTHING.
But you can't do nothing about the way you feel.
There's a really fitting quote I know: Love is like a kind of gold, it's hard to find and hard to hold.
So, if we find that one love we should hold on to it strongly no matter the circumstances.
Because is a wonderful warmth everyone should be allowed to experience.
So please do. Don't cross lines, but do love as much as you can. Every kind of love. Tell your best friend you love her once in a while. Tell your wife you love her over and over again. Tell your husband, your grandma, your parents, maybe even your teachers and persons you don't see often at all. Love is warmth. Warmth keep people alive.
Love keeps us alive and the world spinning.