Sanctuary | Teen Ink

Sanctuary

By Adia16 GOLD, Nampa, Idaho
Adia16 GOLD, Nampa, Idaho

"Sing like no one's listening, Dance like no ones watching, Love like you've never been hurt."-Unknown

The sunlight glints against my sight through the window of the silver minivan as it comes to a stop.  My eyes adjust removing my seat belt the name fresh in my head  Anne Morison Park.

I draw the handle slightly back, the door sighs in a mechanical sliding noise as it moves slowly over to my right. I step out into the warm sunlight, We start to walk the paved paths with trees towering over us the sunlight seeps through the leaves.  Causing  long and jagged shadows, seemly opens the earth that surrounds you.  All around us are green with varieties of shades in blossoms. Their fragrances filling the air making it smell soapy.  A chorus of birds sing above us , chattering  quietly, then leading into fortes with long  extended notes. I take the scene around me soaking it all in.

My siblings snap my attention and gesture for me to join them. We all run on our paved path to the center of the park .  Pavement stops and joins with rusted red bricks in  a circular formation. Earth surrounds the outside and more slopes of pavement protect the lining of the earth against the road.

A light breeze teases my hair, laughing I pull it behind my ears and over to my left shoulder.  I join my siblings that are tiring under a tree with red velvet blossoms. Leaning against its strong trunk , I look off into the distance the air blowing gently in my face.  The blossoms fall and brush by me  gently then continue their fall peacefully to the earth.

A startled scream makes me look back at my siblings. They seemed to pick up the petals that claimed their spot on the earth throwing them at each other. Each with a mischievous  gleam in their eye as they got more siblings involved.

The smell  of soapy blossoms suddenly changes I raise my head in wonder and confusion. The light air brushes my face but its wet. Like the ocean? I look around my ears straining on any new sound one I over looked.  The air becomes more of a spray. I follow keenly set . In the tone of a whisper I hear the churning  water. New sounds of families lounging along on patches of grass catches my ears. Causing ritardando laughter, As I keep going I approach A beautiful and tall fountain spraying into the sky. Staccato clicks of cameras catch my attention  as models pose for them near and in the fountain.

I made this for my Creative Writting class off a place we call our own. Ann Morision Park is that place for me besides my fantasy ones. I want people to look at this and appreciate the nature that is about them, technology is taking so many minds away and I  feel this has to stop. 

This written peice is my orginal work, the photo is not. I still don't know how to enter my own here. 

on Jun. 24 2015 at 11:48 am
NarutosimG GOLD, Chicago, Illinois
Alot of good imagery it like I was almost there :)

on Jun. 22 2015 at 11:35 am
HayatC. PLATINUM, Louisville, Kentucky

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

I loved the extensive use of imagery. I was able to see myself there and smell the blossoms. Great writing, really enjoyed it!