My Midnight Love | Teen Ink

My Midnight Love

By JasonG SILVER, Lambertville, Michigan
JasonG SILVER, Lambertville, Michigan

"It's not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln

Sometimes you are crystal clear, sometimes you are blocked out from my world. Since I was young I have been in love with your beauty. You are so vast and limitless that it is hard for me to comprehend sometimes but that makes you so much more fascinating. Every time I see you my mind and thoughts race, there is so much mystery surrounding you that I can’t help but wonder what you are about. Where did you come from? Why are you there? Why are you sooooo big and I am so small? Why is there so much nothing within you yet you contain everything we have known and have yet to know? When I am having a rough day all I have to do is stare up at you and instantly I am at peace. There is no where i can see you clearer than our secret spot. The soft ground where I lay and let my heart and soul out looking into you, sometimes damp from the cool vapors of the night condensing onto the grass. There is a soft whistle from the breeezes, and some rustling of branches and bushes, there is usually a faint animal noise in the forest a hundred yards from our peaceful place. I can’t help but wonder if he is doing the same thing I do; talking and looking up at you wondering. I just love seeing you so much because I know that if you weren’t there at all, none of us would be here on Earth. I love you night sky and I know you will always be there for me every night for the rest of my years.

This article is an apostrophe to my midnight love, the night sky. And how it mesmerizes me every time I look at it.