I Cried That Day | Teen Ink

I Cried That Day

By dmax108 BRONZE, Burley, Idaho
dmax108 BRONZE, Burley, Idaho

love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

I remember when she used to laugh, and she smiled brightly. I remember when we would listen to Enya while waiting for the bus after school. I remember when she would come over to my house in the middle of the night crying because her brother was drunk and her mom wouldn't listen. I was the one who used to calm her down and make her laugh again. In those days she was like my sister and i would kill anyone who would try to hurt her, i knew it.

One day after school she came up to me holding hands with another girl, whom i had not formally met, and asked if I would approve of her choice. Because I knew what it meant to her, I knew how significant it was, i had no problem saying yes immediately. The following night I was admitted into the hospital with a blood glucose count of 975, and was diagnosed with type one diabetes. i had to spend three days in the hospital.

when i got back she wouldn't talk to anyone, including me, I hoped she would get out of it. I heard a few guys talking about her, but I ignored them. On the bus ride home I watched her get off at her stop, which was odd because she used to get off at my stop then walk to my house say bye then go home. when I got off at my stop I checked the time on my cell phone and realized that i had a message, so i opened it
Good Bye

-phoenix-
i shoved my phone in my pocket and ran as fast as i could for her house. I ran up and pounded on the front door; five minutes from when I saw the text. i ran around to the back door cause it is always open.

I didn't need to go any further i stopped where I was I couldn't go further I wouldn't. I cried that day, for her, for her family, and for the fact that i would never see her beautiful face again. Today I can still feel the tense skin as it grew colder. I found out later that a few guys had pulled her and her girlfriend apart and forced the girls to make out with them, my second knight in the hospital. I swore they would feel my pain
And i cried that day, with endless tears.

In Loving Memory of Sadie Foote R.I.P.
Feb. 12 1996 - Apr. 25 2010

Lucy_RK GOLD said...
Lucy_RK GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
I just came across this and I'm so glad I read it. Beautiful.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I'm so sorry. :( This is amazingly, talentedly written, and at the same time, it's sad. I'm sorry. This is absolutely, amazing; this deserves to be published. You have such a talent and greatness in you; please believe that, because you do. You do. Thank you so, so, so much for sharing this. 

IcingOnTheCupcake BRONZE, Altamont, New York

"You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!"~ John Lennon

Thank you for telling me to read your piece, I'm really glad I did. It always brings tears to my eyes to hear another persons similar story, and I can't help but recall the time when my friend was there. 

ImmortalRose GOLD, Arvada, Colorado

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Khalil Gibran

This made me cry. I have had a very similar experience with a guy named Freddy. He was wonderful.

KandiceMichelle PLATINUM, Stansonburg, North Carolina

"Yet God has made everything BEAUTIFUL for its own time. He has planted ETERNITY in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end." -Ecclesiastes 3:11

That is a very powerful article! I'm so sorry for your loss too. I know how hard things like that can be. I know she didn't deserve anything like that :( More people should read this!