Ruined | Teen Ink

Ruined

By AnnyssaHowerton GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
AnnyssaHowerton GOLD, Yuma, Arizona

If there is a star in the night sky, then today was a good day.
or
If there is a star in the sky, then it is nighttime.

When I started Junior High, I remember finally feeling like a big kid. On the third week of school two guys (who were best friends) asked me "out". Before I made any kind of decision, I talk with my mom about it. "Not until you're older" was all she had to say about it, but that year didn't go over well. By the end, I had had 8 boyfriends, only one of which still speaks with me. That summer had being the start of all things wrong.

My dad, my brother, and I had gotten home around one o'clock PM from a long six and a half hour drive. The first thing I did was plug in my iPod touch.My aunt's friend, Traci, was doing their laundry at our house, this was a usual thing. My father introduced me to her, she seemed like a very nice lady.

My aunt walked through the front door carrying groceries. She was an older lady who had been attacked by a couple of Pit bulls, and despite all of her injuries caused from it, survived. In, behind her, walked a tall muscly boy who looked to be about 14 or 15. He had freckles, and the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen. He was just so perfect. As he turned out of the kitchen we caught each others glance. I felt this rush come over me, and at that moment I was sure of one thing.

I was in love.

This experience was one of many that has place me in the position I am in today. I will be adding more, once I know if it is worth writing about.