Love? | Teen Ink

Love?

March 10, 2013
By allygatorpig BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas
allygatorpig BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Art is never finished, only abandoned."- Leonardo Di Vinci


I miss you. So much so that my heart drops every time I see your name on my phone.I miss the feeling I would get when I'd see your face everyday. I miss all the happiness I had when I was around you. I miss that adorable little angel kiss you have on your cheek that makes me want to gently lay my fingers on it. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I can forget these things by distracting myself. By lying to myself and making myself think that maybe you aren't the guy I want. But it only lasts a certain amount of time before I am crawling back to you, begging to see your face once more. Without you, I feel dead. I feel empty inside, like something is missing. When you are around though, I suddenly feel this energy, this warm feeling inside me that makes me just want to bounce up and down and smile as wide as I can.


I know, that you have never and probably never will, feel the same way about me. I just don't care anymore. I know there is absolutely no possible way that I can have you. I know that I will most likely never see your most beautiful face again,but just hearing your voice is enough from me. Your voice is like a siren. An unmistakable sound that wakes me up from a deep sleep and dips me in icy cold water You make me feel like I have a real reason to be living here on this planet. You make me feel NOTICED. You are truly the only person who has never ever made me feel invisible. I know, that all of this, even me having the slight thought of having you, is selfish beyond belief...But I can not hold back any more. I have never truly had you, and I don't know what the feeling is like, but to know that other girls have and they've let you slip through their fingers...is unbelievable. How could anyone possibly resist your voice and your face. I just don't know.You make me have so much faith in myself... I suddenly feel as if I could reach my goals if I truly try.


Here is my advice to the women who has you right now: Don't ever let him go, because the second that you do someone will snatch him right up and keep him. He is just too valuable to let go.

Is this the feeling of true love?


The author's comments:
I wrote this in a time of war with myself. It's one of my most personal pieces, but I wanted to share it.