what a wonderful feeling | Teen Ink

what a wonderful feeling

By Lexi_S PLATINUM, Syracuse, Virginia
Lexi_S PLATINUM, Syracuse, Virginia

"When life gives you lemons chuck them back at life and demand apples."

It happened June fifth. For the past month or so Jacob and I had been flirting. I had liked him since I first saw him in Art class during seventh grade. Half way through eighth grade Jacob found out how I felt about him, and defiantly took advantage of it. He loved to tease and make fun of me but I didn't mind because he was paying attention to me. In the beginning, he talked to me a lot and since we had fourth period till the end of the day together he walked with me to our classes’ everyday and even waited for me at my locker. We spent lunch together every day and in our classes too since we sat next to each other in all of them. At first, Jacob was taking baby steps but they soon turned into leaps. It started with playing footsies with me, which he does with every girl, then tickling and hugging. At the moment it doesn't seem that bad but soon he started to get a little excited. He knew I trusted him, so I let him touch me. Now don’t get me wrong I don’t let just anyone do that and to be truthful Jacob was the first but in my defense he was telling me that he planed on asking me out when school started again.

For about a month Jacob had been itching to kiss me. Almost everyday he would ask or try to get me to and he came close to it one time. I kept putting it off and trying to avoid it because I knew if I kissed him he’d be able to get whatever he wanted. Then on this special day it happened, we kissed. It was in the middle of fifth period. The class was watching Night at the Museum and of course the lights were off. Jacob was pulling his usual routine of tickling me then calling me sexy. Our friend, Rebecca, was sitting right next to us but chose to ignore my giggling. Jacob then decided to pull me onto his seat and lean me agents his chest. His arms were wrapped around me and my head was nestled perfectly on the curve of his neck and shoulder. His hand rose and brushed my chin turning it towards his. My eyes closed and my head feel back, our lips touched, and for a moment, I felt weightless.

Our mouths parted and Jacob whispered, “I love you.” I knew he didn’t mean it and was just trying to be sweet and romantic because he knew it meant a lot to me, but I didn't care. With my eyes still closed I whispered the same thing back, only mine was different. It meant something more, because in that moment I knew I had fallen in love with him; and that was the happiest I’d ever been.