My World | Teen Ink

My World

By lvnglfe1593 PLATINUM, Everett, Washington
lvnglfe1593 PLATINUM, Everett, Washington

"Never think about the consequences of your actions, living for today and not tomorrow's satisfactions." ~Ludacris

When some play it safe, others go hard. When some stick to the rules, others break them beyond belief. In a world that is shaped to what society wants, we push against it. We do what they say no to because nobody likes rules. People are always telling us what to think, what to believe, who to listen to, what’s right, what’s wrong, what’s good, what’s bad, so on and so forth. When will we be able to decide for ourselves? In a place that allows freedom of nearly everything, we are allowed such little of our own thought. We grow up with the thoughts of our parents, teachers, and friends. Our own thoughts are based off of those, but never based off of nothing.
When your head and gut tell you one thing and your heart tells you another, what do you do? Listen to what’s probably right, or what is right for you even if it means going against what everyone else says? Our hearts are the point of us that will take the strongest hits because when we go with our hearts, we are usually going against what society says. I will listen to my head and gut sometimes but in the matters of my life that are the most important, I’m going to follow my heart, even if it leads me down the hardest path possible because I know I can face it. I know that what I will face will never compare to what my heart can feel and tell. I know that my heart is where the answers are, not my head. And I know that if my heart is strong enough, I will win in the best of possible ways. I will win, and never look back. It becomes my world with my rules and that is where I will play it safe: My world.

I'm tired of listening to people tell me what's right and wrong so I'm taking a risk by listening to what's in my heart and I know that whether it gets broken or not, it will be right in the end.