A Perfect World on a Platter | Teen Ink

A Perfect World on a Platter

By buzzedbysmh BRONZE, Jefferson, Georgia
buzzedbysmh BRONZE, Jefferson, Georgia

" proposal of marriage, a man's supreme capitulation, with flippancy."

I do not in any manor consider my self a great chef. I have no training beyond my own kitchen. My mom has taught me all the basic and has left me on my own to discover the beauty of food. The kitchen is an undiscovered universe. It fills my mind with ideas, and my creativity has grown unknowingly by tools of the trade. I have made real southern chili and made raw oatmeal cookies. I look for ideas everywhere i go and love when it turns out great. I have horror stories and success stories. I am just like you, with fresh ideas that the world has yet to see. My journey has only just begun, how this end shall, never I hope. I hope. In the kitchen I find solitude a place of peace; there I can be the creator and destroyer. I can make any thing and be anything. I live an undiscovered life hidden behind a mostly unknown world to all others. Most people I know don’t know that I like to cook or bake but I’m not bothered. If I make a mistake no one ever has to know about it, I just throw it away and start over. Wouldn’t it be nice if life were that way, when you mess up no one has to know and you could start over? No mistake would ever be held against you and you could go on living in peace with all of those you love. What a perfect world.

I hope that people learn that there is no such thing as a perfect world but when they turn to the things they love it can all be right for now.