Personal Synectics | Teen Ink

Personal Synectics

January is the month in the winter that symbolizes more of an isolated time of the year. The weather is usually bitterly cold and chilling where outdoor activities are scarce. It is the month of the new year after an exciting Christmas season looking forward to a fresh start to the year. I am personally most like the month of January due to my personality and preferences. I like to spend time with the close people in my life and I am often a homebody. I enjoy spending time being lazy and relaxing alone. I am also very goal-oriented so the new year of January resembles personal growth and progression. Even though I like to have fun and do outgoing things at times I am more like the month of January than July.

Fifty is the number that symbolizes the middle and median. It is not the first or the last but the number in the middle of the road. Percentage-wise it resembles an even split between two things. I am most like the number fifty because I am usually the mediator of my family and friend groups. I am always the one that helps two sides of an argument meet in consensus, not usually picking between two sides. I am a pretty understanding person and consider all angles of a situation. In society, the age of fifty is often seen as the beginning of elderly age. Sometimes I consider myself an old person because I have a very tight sleep schedule that involves me going to bed at 9:30, unlike the typical teenage sleep routine. The number fifty is overall the best fit for me and my personality.

The beach is a relaxing vacation destination that allows tourists to forget about stress and live in the moment. I am most like the beach because I usually don’t allow stress to get to me and do everything on my own schedule. Now I am a very productive person however things get done when I want them to get done. To me, the beach also resembles adventure and travel. I love to try new things and go to different places that will allow me to broaden my horizons and break up the static things in everyday life. 

I am like a dog. When I think of dogs I think of happiness, curiosity, and loyalty. Dogs are always that one thing that makes everyone smile because they are so comforting and playful. I wouldn't say that I make every person I meet smile, but I am a very comforting person and a good listener. I am also very positive and I like to have fun, be adventurous and socialize with other people. I am very sociable however I am the most loyal and protective of my family, friends, and the people I love. I would compare my personality the most to a dog over a cat.

I think this piece really embodies me as a person and how I truly am.