My Name | Teen Ink

My Name

By runner0123 BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin
runner0123 BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin

Appointed or placed. That is the English definition of my name. As it was placed unto me sixteen years ago. In Egypt, the name refers to the god of chaos. Chaos that ensued into my parent’s lives after my birth. Making messes and causing problems. Many sleepless nights.

Seth. A very easy going and laid back name. One that is carefree. Like a long car ride with the top off and the music blasting. The writing of my name is curvey much like the brushstrokes of an artist painting her masterpiece. But as you take a closer look it is quite the opposite. 

You begin to see the true colors. Carefree but also careful. Laid back but up front. Curvy but straight to the point. The name is well rounded like a bouquet of flowers.  

No nicknames appointed to me. Not yet. Why say many words when few do the trick? Seth is simple and short. But it has a very powerful tone. It is one that gets straight to the point. A name that sticks to you after it is heard. 

A name that is not easily forgotten. That could be the reason why I was named that. It stuck with my parents. The second they heard it, they fell in love with it, they knew they had to put it to use.